Here’s my take on a scampi shrimp pasta. Enjoy!!
-Salt for cooking the pasta
-Shrimps, 200-300g, shells off, set aside the heads
-Garlic powder, 2tsp
-Basil, 2 tsp
-Salt and pepper, to season shrimps
-Garlic, 5-7 cloves, crushed and chopped
-Onions, 2pcs, chopped
-Tomatoes, 2-3pcs, chopped
-Basil, 1 tbsp
-Italian herbs, 1 tbsp
-Salt and pepper, to taste
-Olive oil, 10-12 tbsp
For the pasta:
1. Cook the pasta. See the directions here of how I do it. If you want an al dente, not soggy just right pasta, check the link.
2. Drain the pasta. Set aside until later.
For the shrimps:
3. Marinate the shrimps with garlic powder, basil, salt and pepper.
4. Pour 1 tbsp of cooking oil in a heated pan.
5. Put a bit of crushed garlic into the pan.
6. When the garlic turns golden, add in the shrimps.
7. Stir well and be mindful not to overcook the very delicate shrimps.
8. When the shrimps turn orange, lower the heat. They are nearly done.
9. When cooked, set aside in a dish. Sprinkle grated cheese while hot.
For the sauce:
10. Put olive oil in a heated cooking pan.
11. Fry the shrimp heads in the oil.
12. Crush them against the back of the ladle to release more juices.
13. When the shrimps are crispy fried, lower the heat. Take them off the pan and discard.
14. Add the garlic in the shrimp-flavored oil. Stir well.
15. When it turns golden, add in the tomatoes and onions. Stir well.
16. Wait until the tomatoes wilt and release juices.
17. Add in the basil and Italian herbs.
18. Season with salt and pepper.
Putting the components together:
19. Add in the cooked pasta. Toss with care so as not to break the pasta.
20. When the oil is well distributed onto the pasta, put in the cooked shrimps.
21. Season once more with salt according to your liking.
22. Turn off the heat.
23. Transfer to a serving dish.
Simple. Simple. Simple!! I am not so good in plating; but, I assure you that this dish is a wonderful delight to the tummy. Savor it with a cold glass of coke and you are in pasta heaven!
Remember me when you cook!