The hubby and I enjoy this dish so much because it brings us back to Thailand, a place that’s very close to our hearts. It also involves cooking with healthy oils, too. We’re using chicken breast and the sauce is based on olive oil with loads of herbs and spices. If you are conscious with what you eat, you wouldn’t mind getting the calories from this pasta dish.
Here’s the recipe!
-Chicken breast, 300g
-Garlic powder, 2 tsp
-Freshly ground black pepper, ½ tsp
-Fish sauce, 3-4 tsp
-Dried basil leaves, 1 tsp
-Raw sugar, 1 tbsp
-Lemon squeeze, ½-1 tbsp
1. Cut the chicken breasts into thin slices.
2. Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. Marinate the breast for at least an hour.
4. Pan-grill the chicken under medium heat for 4 minutes per side.
5. Wait for the chicken to caramelize and char a bit.
6. Take off from the pan and let it rest.
7. Place on top of basil pasta.
For the basil pasta, you’ll need…
-Garlic, 5-7 cloves, chopped and minced
-Onions, 1 whole, chopped
-Tomato, 1 whole, chopped
-Italian herbs, 1tbsp
-Salt and pepper, to taste
-Olive oil, 10-12 tbsp
1. Cook the pasta in salted water.
2. Drain with a strainer after testing the pasta for its al dente texture. (Check the link here to see how I cook my pasta.)
3. Pour olive oil in a heated pan.
4. Saute the garlic and onions. Wait for it to sweat.
5. Add in the tomatoes. Stir well.
8. Put in the basil and Italian herbs.
9. Stir well.
10. Season with salt and pepper.
11. Add in the pasta.
12. Transfer to a plate.
13. Place the lemon basil chicken on top of the pasta.
That’s it! Quick and easy, yeah? Savor your chicken pasta with a cold drink.