Christmas in the Philippines is all about gatherings, food, and more gatherings with more food. Of course, there is the spirit of Christmas which is all about love, giving and sharing. This Christmas time, I want to think about what it would be like if I were to spend it in my beloved Pinas. If you’ve been reading my work, you’d know that I’m a very simple gal. I love food; and Filipino foods definitely have a very special place in my heart. With that, let me share with you my Top 10 Christmas Food Wishlist – foods that I’d love having this Christmas time, wherever I may be.
1. Lechon Kawali. In case of left-overs (hardly the case), I can always make some Lechon Paksiw for a lovely post-Christmas lunch with the hubby.
2. Christmas Ham at Keso de Bola. I feel like they always go together during Christmas season. It's always on Mom's Christmas list when we go shopping for the Noche Buena feast.
3. Pancit Guisado. Everyone loves a pancit recipe. Aside from signifying long life, it also brings a lot of goodness to the tummy. So, yeah! This stays in my Christmas Food List.
4. Lumpiang Shanghai. In most of the gatherings I've gone to, this dish is always the first to go out of. Who could say no to a fried, crispy lumpia? No one! We should all have this on our tables this Christmas day!
5. Kaldereta. I'd like to have at least 1 saucy Filipino dish for Christmas. And Kaldereta, that is you. The spicier, the better!! Yes, please.
6. Spaghetti Pasta. You'd think that I'd go for our very own Tamis-Anghang Spaghetti Pinoy Style pasta, right? Well, no. As much as I'd love that, I want to keep it light on the pasta. (Too much proteins on this list, already.) I'm going for a Chicken (or Seafood) Marinara Pasta. It's not as heavy; but just as tasty.
7. Chicken Macaroni Salad. Oh, yes! This is definitely in the mix. Yum, yum and YUM!
8. Inihaw na Liempo. More grilled pork? Ok, more grilled pork! Yes to this delicious beauty!
9. Batchoy. Another Filipino dish that I miss from home. Batchoy ni Tatay is a special treat every time I go back home. So, I'm putting you on the list, too.
10. Buttered Shrimps. It's shrimps... in butter... and garlic. Of course, I'd have this for Christmas.
Wow! This is a feast! Thinking of it just makes me crave. I don't normally go for a soda. But with this Christmas Wishlist, I'd make an exception. I could sip 1 or 2 of the good 'ol Coca-Cola with this delicious goodness on a spread!
Merry Christmas to one and all! I wish you lots of happiness and love!!!