Are you fond of a spicy dish? If so, get ready to be blown by my spicy chili chicken recipe. It's a bit sweet, a lot of spicy and full of yummy! I promise this is another quick and easy home-cooking recipe.
This spicy chili chicken recipe is inspired by S.R. Thai Cuisine, a humble food joint located in one of the small streets in Dapitan, Sampaloc, Manila. S.R. resides very near my university. Back in the day, I used to go to there when I was missing home-cooked meals. My favorites on the menu are their beef oyster sauce and chicken oyster sauce. Ahh... those were the simpler times!
It has been years since the hubby and I both had their chicken oyster sauce; so I made up my own chili chicken recipe. It was not the same as SR's; but it was still good!
Here's how I did it.
Ingredients in cooking spicy chili chicken (thai-style) recipe:
- Garlic, crushed and chopped
- Onions, cut
- String beans (baguio beans), cut thinly
- Long green chili, cut thinly
- Spicy chili paste
- Chicken breast, cut in strips
- Fish sauce
- Oyster sauce
- Cooking oil
- Saute the garlic in hot oil.
- Fry the chicken when the garlic turns golden.
- Season the chicken with fish sauce and chili paste as it cooks. Stir well.
- When the chicken cooks, add the beans, chili and onions. Stir well.
- Cover the dish and leave it for 5 minutes.
- Put oyster sauce and water into the dish. Stir well.
- Put the stove under low heat.
- Assess the spiciness of the dish. If too much, add sugar. If you want a more spicy dish, add more chili paste.
- Let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- Let it cool without the cover.
- Preferably served while hot.
See the chili paste on the photo? I bought that from an authentic Thai restaurant here in Bangkok. It's a powerful (powerful!!) stuff. Put just a small amount first and move your way up in seasoning your chili chicken. To get the exact measurement of chili pasta, green chili and oyster sauce for this recipe, kindly check our Exact Ingredients page.
Remember me when you cook!
About the Author: Beingwell loves simple home cooking recipes. She enjoys sharing her quick easy meals, including Filipino cooking recipes in this blog.
Enjoy cooking like a pro!