It closely resembles to my nilaga recipe, however this one is cooked with tomato sauce. Unlike my pork nilaga however, I opted for chunky cuts of the pork. Also, I used potatoes and carrots in cooking this pork stew recipe. (I don't put these vegetables in cooking pork nilaga.) It turned out to be a nice tangy, salty and sweet pork recipe - a perfect rice meal, in fact.
- Garlic, crushed and chopped
- Onions, cut in 4 halves
- Tomatoes, cut in 4 halves
- Pork tenderloins, cut in chunks
- Tomato sauce
- Fish sauce
- Black pepper powder
- Cayenne powder
- Cooking oil
Directions in cooking pork stew in tomato sauce:
- Season the pork with freshly grounded pepper corns or pepper powder.
- Saute' the garlic in hot oil.
- When the garlic turns golden, fry the pork.
- Season the dish with fish sauce.
- When the pork cooks, put the onions, tomatoes, carrots and potatoes in.
- Season with pepper powder and salt.
- Cover and let the dish simmer.
- When the onions cook, put water.
- Allow to boil under low heat for 30 minutes.
- Crush the tomatoes to extract its juices. Do not stir.
- Add the tomato sauce.
- Season once more with fish sauce; and then, with cayenne powder.
- Let the dish cook for another 20 minutes.
- Serve with hot rice.
To get the actual measures of the water, tomato sauce and pork used in cooking Pork Stew with Tomato Sauce, please proceed to our Exact Ingredients page.
Remember me when you cook!