This breakfast idea came out of my desperation to cook pancakes. I find it very challenging to make pancakes soft, tasty, creamy - everything that a pancake should be. My intention with this recipe was to make pancake-like breads. In a way, it is french toast-inspired since it involves dipping the breads in a mixture. However, I forewent the use of eggs since the hubby is not a fan of eggs (and french toasts). He finds french toasts too oil - nothing more. And so, I came up with soft toasts which may be bathed in maple or pancake syrup, as if they were real pancakes.
Ingredients in making these toasts:
- Evaporated cream milk
- Cinnamon powder (optional but preferred)
- Olive oil
- Dip both sides of the bread in milk. Do them one by one.
- Sprinkle cinnamon powder over the bread after dipping. This gives an innate sweet rusty flavor to the breads.
- Fry both sides of the bread in olive oil. Make sure the heat is low to toast the breads evenly.
- Pile the breads up in a plate.
- Pour over maple syrup when ready to serve.
- Place fruits or berries on the side.
Remember me when you cook!
About the Author: Beingwell loves simple home cooking recipes. She enjoys sharing her quick easy meals, including Filipino cooking recipes in this blog.