Cooking omelet with spinach and mushroom is one of the healthy ways to serve eggs. It's an excellent choice to start the day, too!
Here's how I make mine.
Eggs in themselves are already full of nutrients. If you add spinach and mushroom into the mix, you'll make an even healthier, more satisfying dish. Let's add cheese, too so kids would have a really hard time saying no to this spinach-filled treat.
This folded omelet recipe is actually inspired by one of the status updates I've read in my Facebook wall. Who knew Facebook could be so useful! XD
Anyway, here's my personal rendition of spinach omelet with mushroom.
Ingredients in cooking spinach omelet with mushroom:
- egg, beaten well
- spinach leaves, cut
- mushrooms, cut
- onions, cut in rings
- cheddar cheese, cut to small cubes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- olive oil
- Heat the pan with olive oil.
- Put in the onions and mushrooms.
- Stir well until the onions soften.
- Add the spinach.
- Mix well until the spinach wilts.
- Add the cheese last.
- Season the dish with salt and pepper.
- Pour the beaten egg. Do not stir.
- Let the egg form. Make sure that the heat is at medium.
- Fold the egg in half.
- Put the heat to low or turn it off. The egg will cook from the remaining heat of the pan.
- Serve with toasted bread and hot coffee.
Looks quick and easy to do, right? Well, it is!
Remember me when you cook!
About the Author: Beingwell loves simple home cooking recipes. She enjoys sharing her quick easy meals, including Filipino cooking recipes in this blog.