In the Philippines, some use turnips and young bamboo shoots in cooking lumpiang hubad. As for this particular recipe for spring rolls however, I'll be using togue or mung bean sprouts. Once more, I'd like to thank my dad first (Thanks, Pa!!) for inspiring me to do this dish. While the hubby and I were on vacation in the PI, he craved for some of this lumpiang hubad; which is how I got re-acquainted with this tasty lumpiang hubad recipe.
Here's how to do a simple lumpiang hubad dish.
Ingredients in cooking lumpiang hubad:
- cooking oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- togue, washed
- garlic, crushed and chopped
- shrimps, chopped
- ground pork
- snap beans, cut diagonally
- fish sauce
- oyster sauce
Steps in cooking lumpiang hubad:
1. Saute' the garlic in hot oil.
2. Add the pork. Stir well.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add in the onions. Stir well.
5. When the onions soften, add in the shrimps.
6. Season the dish with fish sauce. Mix well.
7. Add the snap or green beans. Mix well.
8. Cover the pan to let it simmer.
9. Add the sauce (water, fish sauce and a little oyster sauce) into the pan.
Ascertain the level of water you want for your dish. If you want it to be a little wet with more sauce, add more water.
10. Let the dish simmer.
11. Add the togue. Mix well until the sprouts are soft and cooked.
12. Season with fish sauce and pepper, as desired.
13. Serve while hot; and eat in lumps!
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cook time: 5-10 minutes
Total time: 10-20 minutes
Fat per serving: Low fat
- Cooking oil
- Ground pork
- Snap beans
- Fish sauce
- Oyster sauce
- Saute the garlic in a pan with hot oil.
- Cook the pork with the garlic.
- Season the pork with salt and pepper.
- Add the onions.
- Add the shrimps.
- Season the dish with fish sauce.
- Add the snap beans.
- Allow the dish to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add water, fish sauce and a bit of oyster sauce into the dish.
- Let the dish simmer.
- Add the togue.
- Mix well until the sprouts soften.
- Season with fish sauce and pepper.
- Serve with hot rice.
About the Author: Beingwell loves simple home cooking recipes. She enjoys sharing her quick easy meals, including Filipino cooking recipes in this blog.