The pasta recipes you can create with a few greens and cherry tomatoes are countless. Here's a recipe of my spinach and shrimps pasta, for instance. Cooking pasta with cherry tomatoes are a lot different from thick canned tomatoes. The flavors of a cherry tomato-based pasta recipe comes not solely from the tomato juices, but as well as the healthy oils, herbs and spices used for the dish.
And that's exactly what we will try to accomplish for this post. We will cook using the unique flavors and essences of the ingredients for this meal. This baby broccoli pasta is proudly low in trans fats, too; since we won't be using artificial flavorings. We will cook as if we really know how to make an exceptional gourmet dish.
Ingredients in cooking baby broccoli pasta:
- baby broccoli, cut into short strips
- fresh mushrooms, cut thinly
-cherry tomatoes, halved
- garlic, crushed and chopped
- fresh basil leaves
- chicken breast, cut
- olive oil
- fish sauce
- hot water
Steps in cooking baby broccoli pasta:
1. Cook the pasta. Drain and set aside.
No need to wash the pasta with cold or running water as it drains. Do this only when the pasta is too salty from the pasta water. I usually put only 1 tbsp of salt in the pan when cooking pasta.
2. Heat the pan with olive oil.
3. Saute' the garlic when the oil is hot enough.
4. Add the chicken. Season with fish sauce as it cooks.
5. Mix the dish well.
6. Add the cherry tomatoes and a little water. Mix well.
7. Lower the heat to low-medium to allow the tomatoes to release its juices without drying out.
8. Add the mushrooms. Let them soften by covering the pan.
9. Add the baby broccoli. Mix well.
10. Add the basil. Mix well.
11. When the vegetables wilt in heat, season the dish with fish sauce and pepper.
12. Add the pre-cooked pasta. Mix well enough so the sauce sticks to the pasta.
13. Serve while hot with a cold drink.
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes (sauce) 30 minutes (pasta noodles)
Total time: 50-55 minutes
Fat per serving: Low fat
- Cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Fresh basil leaves
- Baby broccoli
- Shiitake mushrooms
- Black pepper powder
- Fish sauce
- Pasta noodles
- Dried paprika (for garnish)
- Pre-cook the pasta. Drain and set aside.
- Pour the oil in a hot pan.
- Saute' the garlic.
- Add the chicken.
- Season with fish sauce.
- Add the cherry tomatoes.
- Simmer to let the tomatoes juice.
- Add the mushrooms.
- Add the basil leaves.
- Season with fish sauce and pepper.
- Add the pasta noodles.
- Serve while hot.
I told you it was easy!
About the Author: Beingwell loves simple home cooking recipes. She enjoys sharing her quick easy meals, including Filipino cooking recipes in this blog.