If you're tired of making greasy-not-crunchy kind of spicy chicken wings, I've got the perfect fix for you. Not only that, I'll share with you a really spicy recipe with the least artificial seasoning added.
The secret to the crispy skin of spicy chicken wings is definitely not just about the breading. There's a little secret to the preparation of the chicken wings, too.
If you'd like to cook spicy chicken wings with a crunch every time you bite, I suggest to let the chicken dry over night in an open-air grilled plate (just like the photo below). From that angle, it seems that I have such a tidy fridge!hihihi... Well, no. Not really. In chilling the chicken, you may want to clear out (just for a little while) an entire level in your fridge to give way for your chicken. Just like what I did there. This will make sure your chicken is and remains clean. It'll be worth the effort as when you fry and even re-fry (in case of left-overs) those chilled chicken, they would be crispy no matter what breading you use on them.
This spicy chicken wing recipe is inspired by an article in Yahoo! Only, I added a few ingredients to make it fit my liking. If you LOVE hot and spicy, cooking spicy chicken wing with this breading may work for you. Note that when I say spicy, I mean hot and spicy with loads of pepper and chili; so, beware. :)
Ingredients in cooking spicy chicken wings:
- chicken wings, chilled to dry overnight
- paprika powder
- cayenne red pepper
- garlic, crushed and chopped
- tobasco sauce
- chili sauce or hot sauce
- teriyaki sauce (optional)
- black pepper
- olive oil
Steps in cooking spicy chicken wings:
1. Chill the chicken wings overnight, as illustrated above.
2. Remove the chicken wings from the plate. Put in a clean bowl.
3. Rub the garlic on the chicken wings.
4. Add the following in a separate dish:
- paprika powder (1tbsp)
- cayenne red pepper (2tbsp)
- salt (1tbsp)
5. Mix the breading well.
6. Pour on top of the chicken. Mix evenly.
7. Fry the chicken as you normally would.
One technique in frying chicken is to cook them under high heat.8. Drain oil from fried chicken wings.
9. Add the following in a separate dish:
- olive oil
- preferred ketchup
- teriyaki sauce
- tobasco sauce
- chili sauce
10. Mix well.
11. When plating, coat the chicken wings by dipping or pouring the dressing unto the chicken.
12. Serve with pasta and a cold drink.
Cook time: depends on the number of chicken
Total time: 10-40 minutes
- Chicken wings
- Paprika powder
- Chili powder
- Olive oil
- Tobasco sauce
- Chili sauce
- Teriyaki sauce
- Black pepper
- Chill the chicken wings overnight.
- Rub garlic on the chilled chicken wings.
- Put paprika powder, chili powder and salt in a dish. (See measurements above.)
- Mix well.
- Put the breading on the chicken wings.
- Fry the chicken wings.
- Put olive oil, lemon, ketchup, teriyaki sauce, chili sauce, tobasco sauce and pepper in a bowl.
- Dip the chicken or pour the sauce unto the chicken when plating.
- Serve with pasta and a cold drink.
About the Author: Beingwell loves simple home cooking recipes. She enjoys sharing her quick easy meals, including Filipino cooking recipes in this blog.