Read on to get the full recipe here.
For those who are watching their weights, this tomatoes and broccoli recipe is one to have. It's a low-calorie dish; low on saturated fats, high on nutrients, a great source of energy; and, it's very easy to do. All you need are the few ingredients below and a bit of your time to enjoy the benefits of this simple veggie recipe.
Here we go!
Ingredients in cooking tomatoes and broccoli stir-fried:
- tomatoes, cut in 8 halves (small size but not diced)
- garlic, crushed and chopped
- onions, cut in small sizes
- broccoli (frorets and stem), cut in bite-sizes
- fish sauce
- oyster sauce
- Chinese cooking wine (optional)
- powdered black pepper
- cooking oil
Steps in cooking tomatoes and broccoli stir-fried:
1. Put oil in a very hot pan.
2. Saute' garlic until it turns golden.
3. Add in the onions. Stir well.
4. When the onions soften, add the tomatoes. Stir well.
5. Let the tomatoes release its juice by lowering heat and covering the pan.
6. Allow the dish to cook for 3-5 minutes.
7. Add the broccoli. Stir well.
8. Season the dish with fish sauce, a bit of oyster sauce and pepper.
9. Cover the dish to hasten the cooking of the broccoli.
10. When the broccoli changes to a more vibrant green, you know that the dish is ready. If you want a softer veggie, allow for it a few more minutes to cook.
11. Put the Chinese cooking wine last. (Half a teaspoon will do.)
12. Serve hot with a fried dish. See if you'd like my fried chicken with lemongrass recipe. (It's also a delight!)
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Fat per serving: Low fat
- Fish sauce
- Oyster sauce
- Chinese cooking wine
- Cooking oil
- Saute' garlic in hot pan with oil.
- Add in the onions.
- Stir well.
- Add the tomatoes.
- Stir until the tomatoes release their juices.
- Add broccoli.
- Season the dish with fish sauce and pepper.
- Cover the pan to allow the vegetables to cook quickly.
- Put half a teaspoon of Chinese cooking wine.
- Serve while hot.
Remember me when you cook!
About the Author: Beingwell loves simple home cooking recipes. She enjoys sharing her quick easy meals, including Filipino cooking recipes in this blog.