Get my full recipe below.
This crab pasta recipe is not only delightful to the palate and satisfying to the tummy; it's nutritious, as well. You can serve this dish as a healthy snack to kids. For the hubby and me however, it's usually the main meal itself, served with fried chicken at the side.
What's amazing even, is that you only need several ingredients in cooking this meal!
Are you ready? Here we go!
Ingredients in cooking crab pasta with basil:
- garlic, crushed and chopped
- cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- crab meats
- fresh basil leaves
- shiitake mushrooms, julienne-d
- basil powder
- black powdered pepper
- paprika powder
- fish sauce
Steps in cooking crab pasta with basil:
1. Cook the pasta. Drain and set aside for later.
2. Pour olive oil in a very hot pan.
3. Saute' the garlic. Cook until golden.
4. Add the crab meat. Stir well.
5. Season the dish with fish sauce.
6. Add the mushrooms. Stir well.
7. Cover the pan to cook the mushrooms faster.
8. Add the cherry tomatoes. Stir well.
9. Lower the heat; and cover the pan to soften the tomatoes.
Add a little more olive oil to avoid the dish from drying up. Don't worry to much about putting too much olive oil. It's Omega-3 fatty acids make it one of the healthy oils your body can enjoy.10. After 2-3 minutes, stir the dish once more. Crush the softened tomatoes to release they juices and flavor.
11. Add the basil leaves. Stir well until the leaves are drenched in the tomato sauce.
12. Season the dish with basil leaves, pepper and paprika powder. Stir well.
13. Season with fish sauce to enrich the flavor.
14. Add the seasoned pasta into the the sauce. Mix well.
For a cherry tomato-based pasta like this, I like the pasta and the sauce mixed together. In cooking bolognese pasta however, the pasta may be served separately from the sauce.
15. Lower the heat and toss the pasta until the sauce is evenly distributed.
16. Taste the dish. Add herbs and spices or fish sauce, as per your preference.
17. Serve while hot.
Notice that we didn't add water into this dish; nor did we use artificial seasoning. The olive oil and the basil leaves are enough to give a delightful flavor to this recipe.
I hope you find this pasta recipe quick and very easy to do!
Cook time: 10-15 minutes (sauce) 30 minutes (pasta noodles)
Total time: 50-55 minutes
Fat per serving: Low fat
- Cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Crab meats
- Fresh basil leaves
- Shiitake mushrooms
- Basil powder
- Black pepper powder
- Paprika powder
- Fish sauce
- Pasta noodles
- Pre-cook the pasta. Drain and set aside.
- Pour the oil in a hot pan.
- Saute' the garlic.
- Add the crab meat.
- Season with fish sauce.
- Add the shiitake mushrooms.
- Add the cherry tomatoes.
- Add the basil leaves.
- Season the dish with powdered basil, paprika and pepper.
- Season with fish sauce.
- Add the pasta noodles.
- Serve while hot.
About the Author: Beingwell loves simple home cooking recipes. She enjoys sharing her quick easy meals, including Filipino cooking recipes in this blog.