If you're looking for a new veggie recipe, you may want to check this one out. It's a simple, no-MSG added spinach dish - from my kitchen, to yours.
If you check online, you'll find that spinach usually (if not always) has a place in the lists of the healthiest vegetables around. Apparently Popeye wasn't kidding, after all. This dark green leafy vegetable really do offer a LOT of nutritional benefits. That is why I try to add a spinach dish in our meals, as much as I can.
Now, this stir-fried spinach recipe is great if you're in a hurry or simply saving time. It requires only a few minutes to cook since we're avoiding to over-cook the spinach. We preserve most of its nutritional contents this way. (It's the reason why I usually cook under high heat when it comes to veggies.) Also, this dish needs just a few ingredients, so prep cut is also cut short.
Ingredients in cooking stir-fried spinach with sesame seeds:
- cooking oil
- garlic, crushed and chopped
- spinach, washed and cut
- sesame seeds
- dill tips (optional)
- hot water
- oyster sauce
- fish sauce
- Chinese cooking wine, 1/2 tspn only
Steps in cooking stir-fried spinach with sesame seeds:
1. Heat the pan.
2. Add cooking oil when the pan is heated up.
Putting oil when the pan is already hot and ready prevents the oil from burning up. It also cuts down the waiting time for the oil to be good for frying. You can immediately put in the ingredients (e.g. garlic, fish, meats) a quick while after dropping the oil in the pan.
3. Toss in the garlic.
4. When the garlic turns golden, add the spinach. Stir well.
5. Add water.
6. Season with fish sauce and oyster sauce.
7. Cover the dish.
8. Lower the heat to medium to avoid the dish from drying up.
9. Adjust the flavors, as desired.
10. Add in the dill tips and the Chinese cooking wine.
11. Sprinkle with some sesame seeds.
13. Serve with hot rice and a fried dish.
How easy can that get? :)
You may also like my Asparagus and Spinach recipe.
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15-20 minutes
Fat per serving: Low fat
- Cooking oil
- Sesame seeds
- Dill tips
- Oyster sauce
- Fish sauce
- Chinese cooking wine
- Hot water
- Saute the garlic in a hot pan with oil.
- Add the spinach when the garlic turns golden.
- Add water.
- Season with fish sauce and oyster sauce.
- Let it simmer for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle some dill tips.
- Turn off the pan.
- Add Chinese cooking wine and sesame seeds last.