I've always fancied tuna sandwich, even as a kid. It's tasty and nutritious in its own right. Tuna sandwich is after all, the better alternative snack to your burgers and donuts, right? Plus, it's very easy to do. I'd take this sandwich any time of the day!
If you're a tuna sandwich lover like me, read on to get my personal tuna salad sandwich recipe.
I'm referencing Everybody Loves Raymond for the second time in this site. The first one was with my Braciole Pasta recipe. Did you enjoy that one? Anyway in that show, tuna salad sandwich is often made by Marie for her husband, Frank and her favorite son, Raymond. As a regular viewer and an avid tuna sandwich fan, I had no choice but to conjure my own recipe from the bits of information Marie threw away in one particular episode.
And so, here it is.
Ingredients in making tuna salad sandwich:
- canned tuna brine or spring water, drained
- onions, finely chopped
- celery or Chinese celery, finely chopped
As per Raymond by the way, what makes a tuna salad sandwich is the celery. Without it, it's just plain tuna sandwich.
- dried dill
- lite mayonnaise or sandwich spread
If you're using sandwich spread instead of plain mayo, there's no need for the pickles.
- salt and pepper, to taste
Let's start making tuna salad sandwich:
1. Mix everything together in a dry deep bowl.
2. Put the salt and pepper last. Remember that it's only to season the spread.
4. Prepare your tuna salad sandwich whenever you please.
This sandwich spread goes well with a glass of an iced cold lemon tea.
I hope you enjoy this one!
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- Canned tuna in brine or spring water
- Chinese celery or celery
- Dried dill tips
- Yellow mustard
- Lite mayonnaise
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Let it cool in the fridge.