We use brown, red and white rice at home. Hence, the colorful mix you see above. If you're triglyceride and cholesterol levels are high, I suggest you also make the switch. (Just a friendly reminder from yours truly.) Anyway, left-over rice can be used and cooked into a different dish so never, never throw them away! For instance, you can make your own fried rice dish as simple as this recipe I'm going to share with you here.
Ingredients in cooking healthy fried rice:
- left-over rice, seasoned with a bit of salt
- broccoli, cut into tiny bits
Other vegetables will do, too. You can use carrots, spinach, yardlong or string beans. Whatever veggies you have in your fridge will do.
- garlic, crushed and chopped
- onions, chopped
- 1 whole egg
- cooking oil
- fish sauce
Let's start cooking healthy fried rice.
1. Heat up the pan.
2. Put cooking oil on the pan when it's heated up.
3. Saute the garlic. Stir well.
4. When the garlic turns golden, put in the onions.
5. When the onions soften, season the dish with a bit of fish sauce. Stir well and lower the heat.
6. Toss in the vegetables. Stir well.
7. When the vegetables cook, put in the rice. Stir well.
8. Add in the eggs. Scramble it in the dish. Stir well.
9. Season with a bit of fish sauce.
10. Serve while hot.
This healthy fried rice is best for breakfast. Once again, you don't need to put artificial seasonings in this dish. Fish sauce usually is enough.
Cook time: 5-10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Fat per serving: Low fat
- Left-over rice
- Whole egg
- Fish sauce
- Cooking oil
- Saute garlic in cooking oil.
- Add the onions.
- Season with a bit of fish sauce.
- Add the vegetables.
- Add the rice.
- Add the egg.
- Mix well and season.
- Serve while hot.