Read on to get my personal fried rice recipe.
Don't you worry if you have left-over rice from the other day. You can always cook fried rice with those. This recipe I'm sharing with you is not a well-known yang chow recipe. Rather, this one's Thai-inspired which I often see being cooked in the streets of Bangkok (minus the spice). All you need are a little bit of the ingredients below.
Ingredients in cooking fried rice with broccoli and shrimps:
- left-over rice
- garlic, crushed and chopped
- broccoli florettes, cut into small bits
- shrimps, chopped
- fish sauce
- cooking oil
Let's begin cooking fried rice with broccoli and shrimps.
1. Sprinkle a bit of water to the rice and season with salt. Set aside till later.
2. Saute' the garlic in a very hot pan with cooking oil.
3. When the garlic turns golden, fry the shrimps.
You'll know the shrimps are cooked when they change to the shade of orange.
4. Add in the broccoli bits once the shrimps cook.
5. Season the dish with fish sauce.
6. Add in the flavored rice. Mix well.
To avoid a too oily fried rice, scoop off the excess oil (if any) from the pan before adding the rice.
7. Crack open the egg unto the rice dish. Stir well under high heat.
8. When the egg is cooked, turn off the heat.
9. Season the dish with fish sauce and pepper, as desired.
10. Serve hot with any viand.
You think you can do this? Of course, you can!
You may also like my Stir-fried shrimp with mixed vegetable recipe. Enjoy!
Remember me when you cook.