Please, read on.
Wonton soup is usually found in the menus of Chinese restaurants in the Philippines. It's good as a snack or a meal in itself, if you ask me. There's one Chinese fastfood back home were wonton soup used to be just right. However, due to commercialism I suppose, its wonton soup is not as good as before. Good thing I know now how to cook this crafty soup. In a few moments, so do you!
Ingredients in cooking fresh wonton soup:
- garlic, crushed and chopped
- onions, cut thinly
- scallions, chopped
- Shiitake mushrooms, cut thinly
- pork wontons
- mushroom sauce or oyster sauce
- fish sauce
- cooking oil
- hot water
- green onions, chopped (for garnish)
- sesame oil
Let's start cooking fresh wonton soup!
1. Saute' the garlic, onions and scallions in very hot pan.
2. When the onions are cooked, toss in the mushrooms. Stir well.
3. Season the mixture with fish sauce. Stir well.
4. When the mushrooms are cooked, add hot water.
5. Let it boil.
6. Add the pork wonton into the soup.
For pork wonton soup, it's better to use smaller wontons (than for frying) so it cooks faster.
7. Season with oyster sauce and fish sauce when the wontons are cooked. The wontons will rise above the surface once they are cooked.
8. Add the bokchoy last.
9. Allow to simmer for under a minute.
10. Garnish with green onions.
11. Serve while hot with a dash of sesame oil.
Easy, huh? Enjoy.
Remember me when you cook!