Read on to get my fillet fish in ginger sauce recipe.
For this fillet fish recipe, I used the grouper fish or lapu-lapu in Tagalog. Other fish that's good to fillet include dory, snapper as well as cod. Don't worry if you don't know how to fillet a fish. You can always ask the fish to be fillet'ed for you when you buy them from the market (which was exactly what I did!)
Now, let's begin.
Ingredients in cooking fillet fish in ginger sauce:
- fillet'ed fish, salted
- garlic, crushed and chopped
- onions, chopped
- generous amounts of ginger, crushed
- green onions, cut included the greens
- fish sauce
- hot water
- cooking oil
Let's start cooking fillet fish in ginger sauce.
1. Marinate the fish with ginger. This will ease the stench of the fish. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
2. Heat the pan with oil under medium-high heat.
3. Fry the fish together with the ginger.
4. When both sides turn brown, allow to drain.
5. Saute' garlic using the same pan.
6. When the garlic turns golden, add the rest of the ginger.
7. When the ginger turns golden, add the onions.
8. Season the dish with fish sauce and pepper. Stir well.
9. Add the green onions. Stir well.
10. Lower the heat to medium-low.
11. Add hot water. Enough to make soup or broth.
12. Season the soup with fish sauce, salt and pepper.
13. Put the fish on top of the soup.
14. Allow the dish to boil.
15. Taste the soup once it boils.
16. Add fish sauce or salt, as you see fit.
17. Serve while hot with steamy rice.
Note that you don't need any artificial seasoning or MSG to make this dish tasty. Let the flavors and properties of the ginger, onions and fish sauce to the trick for you. This recipe is low calorie, low on fat and very high in nutrients.
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Fat per serving: Low fat
- Fish fillets
- Green onions
- Fish sauce
- Cooking oil
- Hot water or vegetable broth
- Rub the fish with ginger.
- Season it with salt.
- Fry the fish and turn them to golden brown.
- Allow to drain.
- Saute' garlic, onions and ginger in a clean pan.
- Season the dish with fish sauce and pepper.
- Add hot water or vegetable broth.
- Add in the fish.
- Let it boil under low heat.
Remember me when you cook!