When it comes to cooking or eating chicken, I always go for the breasts. It's the chicken part with the lowest number of fats and calories, mind you. And don't get me started on the chicken skin. As much as you can - and if you're cholesterol levels are quite high - try to avoid chicken skin no matter how tasty and enticing they may be. You'll be doing your heart a very big favor. Did you know that the fats in the chicken breast and pork tenderloin are very much comparable? While thigh parts of the chicken may contain higher saturated fats than that of a lean cut of pork. So that is why when it comes to chicken, I prefer the breasts.
Now, going back to the recipe. Here's what you'll need.
Ingredients in cooking chicken nuggets home-style:
- chicken breast, cut into bite size (breast is preferred but other )
- lemon zest or lemon peels
- garlic, crushed
- fish sauce
- salt to taste
Steps in cooking chicken nuggests, home-style:
1. Marinate the chicken in fish sauce, garlic, pepper and lemon peels.
2. Taste your marinade to balance the fish sauce and tangy lemon peelings.
3. Leave it for 10-15 minutes before you fry.
4. Let the oils drain after frying.
5. Serve while hot.
It's too easy, I know. Try it at home. Sweet chili sauce makes a good condiment for this dish.
Cook time: 5-10 minutes
Total time: 10-20 minutes
Fat per serving: Low fat
- Chicken breasts
- Lemon zest or peels
- Fish sauce
- Cooking oil
- Marinate the chicken in fish sauce, garlic, pepper and lemon peels.
- Fry and drain excess oils.
- Serve while hot.
- Set aside the rest and freeze in sets for later cooking.