If you like instant noodles, you may probably like mung bean vermicelli soup, as well. It's a simple home-cooking recipe that is just easy to prepare. You can do a (seemingly) authentic Asian soup with this pack - in a few minutes just like any instant noodles - only this one's healthier.
Ingredients in cooking mung bean vermicelli soup:
- garlic, chopped
- onions, cut
- vegetables (e.g. broccoli and carrots)
- shrimps, pork or chicken (optional)
- fish sauce
- cooking oil
- hot water
Let's start cooking mung vermicelli soup:
1. Soak the vermicelli and dried vegetables in water, separately .
2. Saute' garlic in a very hot pan.
3. Add the shrimps or chicken if you're using any.
4. Add the onions. Stir well.
5. Add the vegetables. I used broccoli and carrots for this dish.
6. Season with fish sauce and pepper.
7. Add hot water.
8. Let the soup boil.
9. Add the soaked vegetables and vermicelli last.
10. Let it simmer until you smell its aromatic flavor.
11. Season further with fish sauce and pepper, as desired.
12. Enjoy with a fried dish and a hot steaming rice.
Notice that we didn't use any artificial seasoning or flavors? I told you it's healthy!
Looking for other soup recipes? Try my Pork Hototay Soup recipe. This one's Chinese-inspired!
Remember me when you cook!