How about cooking them a spicy spinach pasta? Read on to get the easy steps for this simple home-cooking recipe.
As long as you have olive oil and cherry tomatoes, you can be your own Pasta Queen (or King, for that matter) Remember how we made the Pasta with Basil and Dill without a can of tomato sauce (or paste)?
In this post, I'll introduce you to another cherry tomato pasta recipe.
It's very easy, I promise.
Ingredients in cooking spicy spinach pasta:
- olive oil
- spinach leaves, washed
Spinach goes well with pasta and cheeses. I believe I mentioned this in my Spinach and Cheese post. In which case, don't worry of using too much spinach for this pasta dish.- cherry tomatoes, washed and halved
- generous amounts of garlic, crushed and chopped
- dried papprika
- chicken (optional), cut in strips
- fish sauce
- hot water
Now, let's start cooking spicy spinach pasta!
1. Cook the pasta like a pro. Allow to drain. Set aside.
2. Put a good amount of olive oil in a very hot pan.
3. Saute' the garlic and paprika.
4. When the garlic turns golden brown, toss in the cherry tomatoes.
5. Cover the pan and let the tomatoes create some juice.
6. Season with fish sauce and pepper.
7. Add the spinach. Stir well.
8. Put the stove to a med-low at this point.
9. Add hot water to prevent the sauce from drying out.
10. Season the sauce with fish sauce and pepper.
11. Add the seasoned pasta.
12. Turn off the stove and stir well.
You can also add chicken in this pasta dish for some proteins. For vegetarians however, this dish would be it.
Enjoy and I hope you always remember me when you cook.
About the Author: Beingwell loves simple home cooking recipes. She enjoys sharing her quick easy meals, including Filipino cooking recipes in this blog.