I'd like to share with you how I'm cooking pasta with basil and spinach at home.
This recipe easily mimics a typical dish in a fancy Italian restaurant. It's very easy to prepare.
Read on for the detailed instructions.
Cooking pasta with basil and spinach is similar to the other pasta recipes I've shared with you. In Cooking Pasta with Basil, I shared cooking pasta with basil powder. Later on, we cooked pasta with fresh basil. We also cooked pasta with spinach recently.
Why not mix them all up and finally, cook pasta with basil and spinach!
Ingredients in cooking pasta with spinach and basil:
- olive oil
- spinach leaves, washed
- holy basil, chopped
- generous amounts of garlic, crushed and chopped
- cherry tomatoes, halved
- dried paprika
- fish sauce
- basil powder (optional)
- hot water
Let's begin cooking pasta with spinach and basil.
1. Cook pasta like a pro.
2. Drain the seasoned pasta and set aside until later.
3. Pour olive oil in a very hot pan. Make sure your heat in medium-high.
You need a generous amount of olive oil into the pan since it will be the base of the pasta sauce. Don't worry about the cholesterol as olive oil contains Omega-3 which is a healthy fats needed by the body.4. Toss in the garlic.
5. When the garlic turns golden, put in the tomatoes and the dried paprika. Lower heat to medium-low.
6. Cover the pan and allow the tomato to release its juices.
7. Add in the spinach and basil together. Mix well.
8. Add a bit of water to prevent the pan from drying.
9. Season the sauce with pepper and fish sauce.
10. Add some basil powder, if you want a stronger basil flavor.
11. Put the pasta together with the sauce.
12. Make your last seasoning adjustments at this point.
13. Turn off the heat; and remove the pan from the stove to avoid over-cooking the pasta.
14. Serve while hot.
You can also add shrimps or chicken in this pasta dish.
Remember me when you cook!