I suppose I have perfected the craft of cooking corned beef. As far as my hubby is concern, I know that this is true. For me, cooking corned beef is as easy as cooking stir-fried mixed vegetables. Point is, it's a rather quick meal to prepare. However, it lacks certain nutrients, being a meal from a can. For this, I considered corned beef as our emergency food only. For the same reason, I opt to add an essential ingredient in cooking corned beef to make it more satisfying to the tummy and to our health.
Here's what I mean.
Ingredients in cooking corned beef with the twist:
- corned beef in a can
- cooking oil
- hot water
- onions, chopped
- garlic, crushed and chopped
- ground pepper, to taste
- spinach, washed and de-stemmed
Here are the steps in cooking corned beef with a twist.
1. Saute the garlic in a very hot pan with cooking oil.
2. Add in the onions.
3. Stir well until the onions sweat.
4. Add in the corned beef.
5. Lower the heat.
6. Add a bit of water.
7. Add in the spinach. Stir well until it is cooked.
8. Remove from the stove and cover the pan.
9. Serve with hot rice or with bread.
10. Season with pepper, as desired.
Normally, I wouldn't put salt and pepper into this meal since the corned beef is presumably seasoned already. Depending on your taste preference however, you may add a bit of pepper or fish salt as you see fit.
There you have it! Another fun and easy meal to enjoy.
Remember me when you cook!