Care to give it a try?
Cooking baby corn and carrots is really a very simple recipe. It only takes some few saute'ing motions, oyster sauce and a few other ingredients. The entire family would love this meal, too; as it is aromatic and a fun, colorful dish.
Here we go!
Ingredients in cooking baby corn and carrots:
- baby corn, julienne-d
- carrots, cut thinly
- baby asparagus, cut at desirable lengths
- coriander or cilantro, chopped
- red bell pepper, julienne-d
- garlic, crushed and chopped
- oyster sauce
- fish sauce
- hot water
- cooking oil
Let's start cooking baby corn and carrots.
1. Put the cooking oil in a very hot pan.
2. Saute' the garlic first.
3. When the garlic has turned golden, add the carrots. Stir well.
4. Add in the asparagus. Stir well.
Make sure the heat is on medium-high.5. Add the baby corn. Stir well.
6. Add the bell peppers and coriander.
The red bell peppers and coriander will provide the inviting aroma for this dish.7. Put the heat to medium-low.
8. Add a bit of water to prevent the pan from drying.
9. Season with oyster sauce, fish sauce and pepper.
10. To avoid over-cooking, remove the dish from the pan or put the pan unto a dry board. Do not cover.
Serve while hot with a fried such as garlic and pepper pork for instance, or some spring rolls.
There you have it! A simple dish fit for every member of the tribe!
Remember me when you cook!