I don't easily get tired of any kind of pasta recipe. In fact, even when dining out, I order a pasta dish with another meal. If you love pasta like I do, perhaps you're enjoy this pasta recipe as well. It's easy to do, too!
For this post, I'm cooking pasta with corned beef.
Read on below for the detail recipe.
I would normally use fresh pork or beef in cooking a pasta recipe; however, for this instance I'd like to try it with a can of corned beef. I didn't use a pre-packed tomato sauce, however. I used the remaining cherry tomatoes I had in the fridge. I didn't want to waste them so I made a dish out of them instead.
Do you remember my left-over pansit (Chinese noodles) recipe and my fish lumpia recipe? Both recipes them came about from my salvaging efforts in the kitchen, too. And now, here goes another one. :)
Ingredients in cooking pasta with corned beef:
- cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- basil powder
- parsley flakes
- black pepper
- red chili powder (optional)
- dried paprika
- garlic, crushed
- green onions, chopped (optional)
- olive oil
- corned beef (any brand will do)
- fish sauce
- hot water
Let's start cooking pasta with corned beef.
1. Cook the pasta. Set aside for later.
2. Saute' the garlic and dried paprika in olive oil.
3. Add the cherry tomatoes. Saute' the ingredients altogether.
4. Cover the dish and allow the cherry tomatoes to release its juices.
5. Add in the corned beef.
6. Add some water. This will prevent the dish from drying.
7. Lower the stove to low-medium.
8. Season the dish with fish sauce, basil, parsley, ground pepper and chili.
9. Under low heat, add the pasta.
10. Garnish with green onion.
Very easy, isn't it?! This dish is Italian-inspired with a fusion of Asian cooking.
Remember me when you cook!