This is a guest posting by Vipin Raj of AskExpert. Let's see how he's cooking Lamb Biryani!
|Cooking lamb biryani: credit to Vipin Raj|
Enjoy the post!!
Lamb Biryani: Indian Continental Food
Ingredients in cooking lamb biryani:
Lamb (lamb shanks & cube from the leg or shoulder) ,1 kg
Basmati rice, 1 kg
Onions sliced, .25 kg
Ginger garlic paste, .50 kg
Curd , .125 kg
Cream, .50 kg
chili powder, 1 tbsp
Coriander powder, 1 tbsp
haldi, 1 tsp
green cardamom pods, 5 nos
cloves, 5 nos
mace, 2 blades
cinnamon, 2 sticks
saffron, 1 gm
kewra water, 2 tsp
pure ghee, .1 kg
lamb stock, 1 V,ltr
jeera powder, 1 tbsp
salt, to taste
Let's start cooking lamb biryani.
1. Wash and clean the lamb.
2. Pick, wash and soak the rice for 1 hour, drain the water.
3. Finely slice onions. In a kadai on a conventional gas burner, fry the onions in ghee till golden brown (approx. 15 minutes). Remove and set aside.
4. Take half of the remaining ghee in a bowl, add lamb pieces, garlic ginger paste, all powder masalas, whole garam masalas, salt & yogurt. Microwave on 'high' power for 5 minutes. Stir every 1 minute.
5. Add 250 ml lamb stock & cream. Microwave on 'medium' power for 8 minutes. Set aside.
6. In a bowl take the remaining ghee, microwave on 'high' power for 30 seconds; add the drained rice and mix. Microwave on 'medium' power for 3 minutes, stirring every minute.
7. Add 1 ltr lamb stock & salt. Microwave on 'high' power for 10 minutes. Remove and hold.
8. In a deep bowl, spread half the fried onions, place the lamb gravy over it and cover with cooked rice.
9. Dissolve the saffron in kewra water and microwave on 'high' power for 30 seconds and sprinkle on the rice.
10. Cover and microwave on 'medium' power for 4 minutes.
11. Serve hot garnished with remaining fried onions and accompanied with raita.
This recipe makes 8 servings. It's cooking time is just about 46 minutes. This protein-rich recipe is a pleasant change for a feast. Weight-watchers can replace lamb with chicken breast. It is vital to indulge in some calorie burning exercises if you want to enjoy numerous delicious dishes like this.
This dish goes very well with a fried chicken dish, too. Perhaps, you'd like to try this fried chicken with a Viet-twist recipe.
Nutrition value per serving:
Energy: 324 kcal • Fat: 5.5gm • Cholesterol: 91.8 mg • Carbohydrates: 42 gm • Fibre: 0.3 gm • Protein: 28 gm • Calcium: 62.9 mg • Iron: 1.6 mg
Feel like sharing your own recipes too? Contact me. Let's talk!