Read on to learn easy and quick recipes you can do at home with oyster sauce.
I won't be surprised to find other housewives looking for the use of their oyster sauce. In fact, this was my very question before I know how to cook. I was indeed, clueless on what dishes oyster sauce goes well with. If you have a bottle of oyster sauce at home at don't often use it, perhaps the recipes here might help.
Here are some of my home-cooking recipes which I am using oyster sauce for flavor and texture. It's personally surprising (for me) to see how much I've developed (as a cook) over the past months.
Enjoy my recipes!
1. Cabbage and carrots with ground pork - This recipe came out of nowhere. I was simply rummaging what left-overs I had in our fridge. Viola! A new recipe I can serve for my hubby.
2. Amaranth leaves with shrimps - This recipe is another experiment where I used amaranth leaves with yardlong beans and tomatoes. This one's a saucy recipe best served hot with rice.
3. Chicken with cashew nuts - Thai-inspired, of course. You'll love the sweet, salty, spicy mix of this one.
4. Egg noodle a la Pancit Canton - I used oyster sauce and sesame oil for this dish. It's good for snacking, especially for the kids.
5. Spicy pork with vegetables - You may use dark oyster sauce for this one for a stronger flavor.
6. Sweet and sour sauce (Escabeche) for fried fish - I used regular oyster sauce for this dish since it has sugar. It should go well with the herbs and spices of this sweet and sour sauce.
7. Shrimp with mixed vegetables - The dish is a play on different vegetables including mushrooms. The oyster sauce will blend all the flavors together into one tasty dish.
8. Baby cabbage and pork - This recipe is a mimic of a dish I had from one of the restaurants here in Thailand. I tried oyster sauce in this dish and it was close to what I had.
9. Asparagus, beans and chicken liver - The chicken liver already brings a lot of flavor to the dish; but I still used a bit of oyster sauce to put body and texture. The tomatoes add a playful tone in this dish. Yumm!
10. Asparagus, broccoli and mushrooms - Going all green has never been this tasty. The chicken and oyster sauce blend well together in this dish.
11. Spinach with oyster mushroom - Oyster sauce will bring out the flavors of the spinach in this dish.
12. Stir-fried mixed vegetables - Oyster sauce goes well with this colorful mixture of vegetables.
13. Yellow chives - Yellow chives and oyster sauce are a perfect match. You have to try this dish at home.