Read on to get your Chinese long beans recipe.
Chinese long beans is known for so many names - yardlong beans, long beans and asparagus beans. This kind of vegetable needs longer cooking time, compared to the green leafy vegetables which go very well together with it. That's why you should start cooking long beans first before putting the leafy green ones in.
I'm saying this because we're using amaranth leave in this long beans recipe. They go very well together. So, let's cook!
Ingredients in cooking Chinese long beans:
- garlic, crushed
- tomatoes, chopped
- Chinese long beans, cut in desirable lengths
- amaranth leaves, de-stemmed
- shrimps, de-veined and cut in healves
- fish sauce
- red chili, chopped (optional)
- ground pepper
- hot water
Steps in cooking Chinese long beans:
1. Saute' the garlic in hot oil.
2. Add in the tomatoes when the garlic turns golden.
3. Crush the tomatoes until they release its juice. (Similar to what we did in cooking chayote.)
4. Maintain a high heat.
5. Add the Chinese long beans.
6. Stir until it turns to a vibrant green.
7. Add the shrimps.
8. When the shrimp turns orange, add some water.
9. Put the heat to med-low.
10. Add the amaranth leaves.
11. Mix well until the amaranth is cooked.
12. Add the chili.
13. Season with fish sauce and ground pepper.
14. Serve while hot.
Do not cover the pan if you're not yet to serving this dish. Allow it to cool on the pan, off the stove.
Enjoy this Chinese long beans recipe.
Remember me when you cook!