Read on to get your simple garden salad recipe.
Try to play with the colors and aroma of your vegetables when making garden salads. For me, it's not about the "quantity" of composition of your salad; but rather their "quality" when put in a single plate.
Here's my personal take on making a fresh garden salad at home. Nothing fancy. This one's made with very simple ingredients.
Ingredients in making garden salad:
- carrots, peeled and cut thin
- green bell pepper, julienne-d
- 1 whole tomato, cut into 6-8 halves
- 2 pieces of cabbage leaves, shredded into thin strips
- 2 pieces of iceberg lettuce leaves, teared into bite-size (You can use other lettuce kinds, such as romaine or boston lettuce)
- broccoli, blanched (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Toss everything in one big bowl. Cool and serve. Easy, isn't it?
You can follow the simple salad dressing recipe in from this post.
Making garden salad like this takes a little from every ingredient. In fact, I used only a quarter of a carrot.
It was the left-overs I used from my noodle recipe. As for the green bell pepper, it's left-over too from my sweet and sour fish sauce recipe.
Finally, I used only a few leaf pieces of cabbage and lettuce.
Keeping your left-overs fresh in the fridge : Cover them with a paper towel before putting in a plastic container. The paper towels will absorb any liquids that should come out from your left-over and opened up vegetables.
Serve this refreshing garden salad in small bowls or as a side dish in your lunch or dinner meals. Eat healthy, stay healthy!
Remember me when you cook.