I don't like throwing away food. Whatever I can salvage, I try to make a new dish out of it. And so, that is why I'm cooking spicy pork with vegetables today. You can use any kind of vegetables for this recipe. At the moment, I have broccoli, carrots and chayote in my fridge. (I guess you know now what veggies I'll be using for this dish.) You can also use left-over pork dish in cooking spicy pork with vegetables. If you have some pork tapa or fried pork from before, you can use that for this very particular dish. In fact, I'm using the garlic pork we had last night.
Ingredients in cooking spicy pork with vegetables:
- pork, cut into bits (left-over fried or flavored pork will do)
- vegetables (e.g. broccoli, carrots, chayote, etc.)
- garlic, crushed
- spring onions
- green bell pepper, cut into strips
- red chili peppers, cut open with seeds
- oyster sauce
- fish sauce
- ground pepper
- hot water
Let's start cooking spicy pork with vegetables.
1. Saute' garlic in a very hot pan.
2. When garlic turns brown and aromatic, add the vegetables including the spring onions, except for the bell pepper.
Quick tip: Add the hardest vegetable first; the cook longer than the leafy and soft core ones.
3. Add in the pork. Mix well.
4. Add a bit of hot water for the sauce.
5. Add the chili. Crush them well while stirring.
6. Add the bell pepper.
7. Season with oyster sauce, fish sauce and pepper.
8. When cooked, immediately transfer to a clean plate.
9. Serve with rice while hot.
Enjoy this dish. Remember me when you cook, my friends!