If you're interested however, I'd like to share with you my pork caldereta recipe that can be done in just a few steps; with several day to day ingredients.
I remember how cooking pork caldereta took hours and hours to cook back in the day. It requires a lot of ingredients to capture that distinct caldereta flavor that is so familiar during fiestas and social gatherings. Cooking pork caldereta is often done with beef and goat. For the purpose of day to day cooking though, pork meats will do just fine. Here's how I'm cooking pork caldereta at home.
Ingredients in cooking pork caldereta:
- pork tenderloin, cut in bite size
- soy sauce
- ground pepper
- garlic, crushed
- onions, chopped
- potatoes (optional), cut in bite size
- carrots (optional), cut in bite size
- olives (optional), cut in halves
- bell pepper, cut in strips
- chili pepper
- chicken liver, cut
- liver spread
- fish paste, to taste
- tomato sauce
- hot water
Let's start cooking pork caldereta.
1. Marinate the pork in soy sauce and vinegar mix for at least 30 minutes. (Note that this marinade is similar with our pork tapa recipe.)
2. Saute' a portion of the garlic in hot oil.
3. Fry the carrots and potatoes in the pan.
Quick tip: You can also try cooking pork caldereta without the carrots and potatoes.
4. When cooked, drain and set aside.
5. Saute' the rest of the garlic in the same pan.
6. Fry the flavored pork.
Quick tip: You can opt not to marinate the pork since we are still to season it later as we stew.
7. When the pork is cooked on both sides, add in the chicken liver.
8. Crush the chicken liver against the pork. Mix well.
9. Add hot water.
10. Add the fried potatoes, carrots, olives and bell pepper.
Quick tip: Add water when necessary to prevent the sauce from drying out.
11. Allow the mixture to boil under low to medium heat. This will allow the pork to soften; and the ingredients to blend well with each other.
12. Add the liver spread. Mix well.
|Liver spread in cooking pork caldereta|
13. Add a bit of tomato sauce. Mix well.
|Add tomato sauce in cooking pork caldereta.|
14. Add the chili pepper to spice up the sauce.
15. Season with fish sauce.
16. Serve hot with rice.
This spicy pork caldereta dish goes well with a freshly-brewed iced tea. And don't worry about left-overs, pork caldereta gets tastier even after days in the fridge!
|Cooking pork caldereta at home.|