Spinach is one of earth's healthiest vegetable. That's why I always love having them. It's texture and taste however, complements very well with cheeses, pasta and creams - foods that are high in calories. I try to limit my calorie intake in order to maintain my weight. So in making this dish, I put lots and lots of spinach so that I get most of the nutrients from it, calories and all.
Cooking spinach and cheese is an easy meal, even without a baking oven. At home, I improvise my baked spinach and cheese with the ever-reliable microwave oven. (If you don't have a microwave, you can also use an oven toaster.) Shall we start?
Ingredients in cooking spinach and cheese:
- garlic, crushed
- spinach, washed
- mozzarella cheese, grated
- cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
Let's begin cooking spinach and cheese.
1. Put water to a boil.
2. Once the water hits boiling point, put in the garlic; then the spinach. No need to cover the pan. Allow the spinach to cook for 3-5 minutes.
3. Drain the spinach. Season with salt.
4. Place the cheeses at the bottom of a microwaveable dish.
5. Arrange the spinach on top of the cheeses. Season with pepper.
6. Place the rest of the cheeses on top of the spinach.
7. Melt the cheese for 2 minutes with your microwave oven.
Easy, right?! Remember me when you cook!