Yellow-fin tuna and tilapia may be used in cooking ginataang isda. You may however substitute any fish you have in your fridge. Cooking ginataang isda is done with vegetables like eggplants and straw beans. Cooking this healthy meal may take some 20-30 minutes of your time, including the preparation of your ingredients.
Shall we start?
Ingredients in cooking ginataang isda:
- coconut milk
- garlic, crushed
- onions, chopped
- ginger, chopped
- dried kamias, washed
- cayenne chili or siling labuyo, cut
- whole peppercorns
- yardlong beans
Let's start cooking ginataang isda!
1. Rub the fish with salt.
2. Put the garlic, ginger, onions, cayenne, kamias and fish together in a pan.
3. Add water and coconut milk in 2:1 proportion. If you want a more creamy dish, add more coconut milk in there.
4. Season with salt.
5. Let it simmer under medium heat.
6. Turn the fish over when it comes to a boil.
7. Lower the heat.
8. Put the vegetables only when you're about to serve so that you don't overcook them.
9. Serve the fish and veggies separately with its sauce; or let the fish bathe in its sauce.
10. Serve hot with steamed rice.
Enjoy cooking ginataang isda at home. Make sure you get its perfect sourness, creaminess and spice. Remember me when you cook!