|A different take on cooking escabeche sauce|
Escabeche is widely known as the sweet and sour recipe in the Philippines. It's done by frying or deep-frying a fish; and serving this fish in a thick sweet and tangy sauce on top. It's a very appetizing treat, especially for kids.
In this post however, I'd like to share another way of enjoying a fried fish dish. We'll be cooking escabeche sauce like no other. This simple home cooking recipe is a departure from the traditional pineapple and vinegar mix for an escabeche sauce. Still, I think both kids and kids at heart would still enjoy the flavors in play in this thick and sauce-y dish.
Ingredients in cooking escabeche sauce:
- cooking oil
- garlic, crushed
- onions, crushed
- spring onions (if available), cut into pieces
- ginger, crushed
- carrots, cut thinly
- Chinese celery
- red or green bell pepper, julienne d
- oyster sauce
- sesame oil
- hot water
Let's start cooking escabeche sauce.
1. Pour oil in a very hot pan.
2. Saute' the garlic, onions and ginger.
3. Add in the carrots; then, the bell pepper.
4. Add hot water into the pan. (A cup or half a cup, depending on the size of your fish)
5. Add the Chinese celery and the spring onions.
6. Put oyster sauce.
7. Season with pepper.
8. When the sauce is done, put in some sesame oil and remove from heat.
9. Serve on top of fried fish or as a dipping sauce for the fish.
There you have it! An easy sweet escabeche sauce with a touch of sesame flavor! Yumm!
|Cooking escabeche sauce with a twist!|
Remember me when you cook!