|Brewing lemon iced tea this summer!|
Brewing lemon iced tea is better than the powdered tea drink you can buy from the stores. It doesn't have artificial coloring and unnecessary additives. Brewing lemon iced tea at home is the best choice for the kids and the not so young ones.
It's easy too!
Here are the ingredients in brewing lemon iced tea:
- any kind of green or black tea (bagged or loose is fine)
- apple or pear (optional)
Steps in brewing lemon iced tea:
1. Brew your tea in a deep pot. You can use Lipton, Twinings or whatever tea you have at home. I'm using Jiaogulan tea that I brought from a food fare in my place. Make sure you put enough water in there.
2. When the water boils, remove the pot from heat and allow the tea to cool.
3. Juice the apple or pear with a juicer or a blender.
Quick tip: To juice with a blender, dice the apple or pear into bits first. Then strain with a clean, thin cloth.
4. When the tea cools off, add the fruit juice.
5. Sprinkle some lemon juice into the tea.
6. Leave some thin slices of lemon with rind into the tea.
7. Sweeten the tea with honey.
8. Let it cool some more before putting into the fridge.
9. Serve cold with a home-made sandwich or cookies.
Brewing lemon iced tea is another fun way to spend the summer. It's a new experience and a new taste that you'll enjoy even after the season ends!