Making ensaladang talong and okra only takes a few minutes of preparation. If you want to eat it chilled with your hot main dish, prepare it in advance so that it may cool in the fridge. However, if you'd like to eat the vegetables while they are hot, I suggest you cook start making ensaladang talong when you're about to eat. Let's begin.
Ingredients in making ensaladang talong and okra:
- eggplant, cut
- okra, cut
- tomatoes, cut
- onions, cut
- green mangoes, cut (optional)
- shrimp paste
Quick tip: In cooking the vegetables, you may use a ladle with holes so you don't have to throw away the boiling water.
Let's start making ensaladang talong with okra.
1. Boil water in a deep pan.
2. When the water reached boiling point, put the okra in.
3. Wait for 2 minutes before straining them to a dry bowl.
4. In the same boiling water, put the eggplants in.
5. Wait for 5 minutes before straining them to the bowl with the cooked okra.
6. Put in the tomatoes and the onions in the same bowl.
7. Add a teaspoon of shrimp paste into the mix.
8. Mix well.
9. Cool it in the fridge before serving; or serve it while it's hot.
I prefer this salad hot. While the shrimp paste goes very well with these vegetables, you may opt to add salt and pepper to this dish as to your liking. With that, I hope you enjoy making ensaladang talong and okra at home.
Here's another simple home cooking recipe on making a healthy salad.
Enjoy! Remember me when you cook!
About the Author: Beingwell loves simple home cooking recipes. She enjoys sharing her quick easy meals, including Filipino cooking recipes in this blog.