Cooking pork steak is very similar to my pork liver steak post. The main difference is the kind of protein I will be using. Did you know that pork meats, especially the lean cuts have the same fat contents as a skinless chicken breast; and even less fats than a skinless chicken thigh. I prefer cooking pork over other red meats as they closely resemble to white meats. Plus, they cook much faster than beef.
Ingredients in cooking pork steak:
- cooking oil
- pork, thinly sliced
- garlic, crushed
- onions, cut in rings
- soy sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- hot water
Let's start cooking pork steak:
1. Marinate the pork in soy sauce, garlic, pepper and only a dash of lime for about 20 minutes.
2. Heat the pan when ready to cook.
3. Fry the pork under medium heat.
4. Add in the onion rings while frying.
5. When the pork meats are cooked in both sides, lower the heat.
6. Add a bit of water into the soy sauce marinade.
7. Pour the marinade into the pan.
8. Adjust the taste as to your liking. If you want it to be more salty, add soy sauce; more sour, add lime.
9. Put just a little sugar. Mix well.
10. Add in the remaining onion rings.
11. Season with salt and pepper, as needed.
12. Let it simmer.
13. Remove from heat with the lid on.
14. Serve with hot rice.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Remember me when you're cooking pork steak at home!
About the Author: Beingwell loves simple home cooking recipes. She enjoys sharing her quick easy meals, including Filipino cooking recipes in this blog.