Wanna' try cooking pancit lomi too? Follow the simple guides I have in this post.
|Enjoy cooking pansit lomi at home.|
Pancit lomi or lomi is a noodle dish with a thick soup, lots of meats and vegetables. It's usually eaten with soy sauce and lime at the side. This Chinese or Filipino style recipe is great for an afternoon snack, lunch and yes, even dinner. It's very much like cooking pancit recipe, though. I suppose pancit lomi uses more meats and has very dense sauce.
Growing up in Batangas (Philippines), I've never thought of actually cooking pancit lomi. There is hardly a need to do so since pancit lomi's are practically everywhere in my hometown. However, now that I am away from home, it's about time I make my own lomi.
Ingredients in cooking pancit lomi:
|Ingredients in cooking pansit lomi|
- garlic, crushed
- onions, chopped
- soba noodles
|Cooking pansit lomi with soba noodles|
- pork butt, cut in small cubes
|Cooking pansit lomi with pork butt|
|Cooking pansit lomi with smoked sausages|
- kikiam (optional, only if preferred)
- carrots, cut in cubes
- snap beans, cut in halves
- chines cabbage, cut
- chinese celery or kinchay, chopped
- spring onions, chopped
- eggs, beaten
|Cooking pansit lomi with egg|
- hot water
- fish sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
Let's start cooking pancit lomi.
1. Put cooking oil in a very hot pan.
2. Saute' a portion of the garlic.
3. Mix the pork butt with the garlic.
4. Season with salt and pepper when cooked. Set aside.
5. Saute' the rest of the garlic in the same pan.
6. Add in the onions. Mix well.
7. Add the carrots. Mix well.
8. Add the beans. Mix well.
9. Add the hotdogs or sausages and kikiam. Mix well.
10. Put in the seasoned pork. Mix well.
11. Add hot water.
Quick tip:In cooking pancit lomi, you have to put enough water to allow the vegetables to swim. The noodles will absorb the soup later when you put them in. Not enough water will give you a dry dish.
|Cooking pansit lomi: be generous with the water|
12. Add the pork liver.
13. Season the soup with fish sauce and pepper.
14. Let it simmer for about 3 minutes to allow the pork liver to cook.
15. When it starts to boil, add in the chinese cabbage. Stir well.
16. Add some of the spring onions and chinese celery.
17. Add in the soba noodles. Put just enough in the pan that the dish will still have sauce after the noodles are cooked.
18. Lower the heat. Allow it to boil to cook the noodles.
19. Add the beaten eggs while stirring the pan.
20. Taste once more to adjust the flavors. Season with fish sauce and pepper.
21. When cooked, add in the chinese celery.
22. Remove from the stove.
24. Put in the rest of the spring onions and celery for extra aroma and flavor.
25. Serve while hot.
|Cooking pansit lomi|
Some like their lomi a bit sour and tangy; some don't. That's why you should always prepare soy sauce and lime at the side when cooking pancit lomi. Also, the soup of pancit lomi is supposed to be thick. While cooking pancit lomi noodles, it's starch should aid as a thickening agent to its soup. In case you've put too much water into your dish, don't worry. Just add hot water and cornstarch into a small bowl. Mix them well and pour some on your dish while cooking pancit lomi until you get your desired consistency.
Remember me when you start cooking pancit lomi at home!
About the Author: Beingwell loves simple home cooking recipes. She enjoys sharing her quick easy meals, including Filipino cooking recipes in this blog.