I tried cooking baby cabbage and pork like this photo here. I made a few adjustments though, since we don't really care much more pork fats (no matter how delicious they are!). If you'd like to see my baby cabbage and pork recipe, read on.
Cooking baby cabbage and pork is a simple home cooking recipe. It requires just a few ingredients. In fact, you can derive them all from that photo above. Still, let me try to make my own rendition of this Chinese-Thai inspired dish.
Ingredients in cooking baby cabbage and pork:
- cooking oil
- baby cabbage, cut in 2 or in 4 from top to bottom
- pork loin or pork butt, cut in desirable size (If you want a more tasty dish, pork belly would be your best choice of cuts)
- garlic, crushed
- chili (only if you prefer a hot dish)
- oyster sauce
- fish sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- hot water
Let's start cooking baby cabbage and pork.
1. Put oil in a very hot pan.
2. Fry the pork with the chili and garlic until both sides are golden. (You may need to use a separate pan when you start cooking baby cabbage and pork to avoid the carcinogens in a burnt pan.)
3. Set aside the fried pork when cooked.
4. Saute' the rest of the garlic is a hot pan.
5. Add in the baby cabbage. Stir-fry well.
6. Put in the fried pork with the cabbage.
7. Add a bit of hot water.
8. Season with oyster sauce, fish sauce and pepper.
9. Add more chili, as per your tasting preferences.
10. Best served hot with rice.
I hope you enjoyed cooking baby cabbage and pork with me. You may also enjoy cooking garlic pork with coriander, another Thai-inspired dish.
Remember me when you cook!
About the Author: Beingwell loves simple home cooking recipes. She enjoys sharing her quick easy meals, including Filipino cooking recipes in this blog.