|Cooking asparagus and beans with chicken liver recipe|
Cooking asparagus and beans with chicken liver takes only a few minutes of cooking time. In all honestly, the chopping and cutting of ingredients take longer than the cooking itself.
Now, chicken liver is a tasty "pansahog" or mix for vegetables and soups. Pansahog, by the way is a Filipino term for a protein kind of mix to make a dish tastier. It may be small bits of chicken, pork, shrimp and of course, chicken liver. The trick in cooking liver as a mix is to cook just a few; and to cook it quick.
Ingredients in cooking asparagus and beans with chicken liver:
- cooking oil (I suggest using vegetable oil and other healthy oils in cooking rather than palm oil.)
- chicken liver
- asparagus, cut in desired lengths
- Eryngii or King Trumpet mushroom, cut
|Cooking asparagus with Trumpet mushrooms|
- sweet beans or pea, cut
|Cooking asparagus and beans with chicken livers: sweet beans|
- tomatoes, cut
- chinese celery or kinchay (optional)
|Cooking asparagus and beans with chicken liver: tomatoes, beans, and garlic|
- fish sauce
- oyster sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- hot water
Let's start cooking asparagus and beans with chicken liver:
1. Pour in cooking oil in a hot pan.
At this point, the pan should be in high heat.2. Saute' a portion of the garlic.
3. Cook the liver when the garlic is golden brown. Set aside.
4. Season the chicken liver with oyster sauce and pepper while resting.
|Cooking asparagus and beans: Flavored chicken liver|
5. Using the same pan, saute' the rest of the garlic.
6. Put in the asparagus. Mix well.
7. Put in the beans and the mushroom. Mix well.
8. Put in the flavored chicken liver. Mix well.
9. Put the pan under medium heat.
10. Add in the tomatoes last.
11. Add a little water.
12. Season with fish sauce and pepper.
13. Cover the pan and let the dish simmer.
14. Remove from heat and let it rest without cover.
15. Serve with hot rice.
Once you put in the garlic, cooking this dish is practically non-stop. It requires high heat so the vegetables are quickly done without over-cooking them. You would like to serve a crunchy vegetable dish for your family.
That's it! Remember me when you're cooking asparagus and beans with chicken liver! Enjoy this recipe.
About the Author: Beingwell loves simple home cooking recipes. She enjoys sharing her quick easy meals, including Filipino cooking recipes in this blog.