Cooking stir-fried mixed vegetables is another home cooking recipe that took time for me to learn. While it is easy to do now, it took me a lot of practice before I got it right. Let me share with you how I'm cooking stir-fried mixed vegetables at home.
|Cooking stir-fried mixed vegetables|
Ingredients in cooking stir-fried mixed vegetables:
- cooking oil
- garlic, crushed
- onions, chopped
- spring onions, cut
- ground pork, preferably lean
- asparagus, cut in desirable lengths
- carrots, cut in desirable size
- broccoli, similar cut as the carrots
- snap beans, cut lengthwise in 3-4 pieces
- mushrooms, similar cut as the snap beans
- bell pepper, similar cut as the snap beans
- fish sauce
- oyster sauce
- hot water
|Closer look in cooking stir-fried mixed vegetables|
1. Put oil in a hot pan.
2. Saute' a portion of the crushed garlic.
3. Add in the pork.
4. Season the pork with fish sauce and pepper when cooked. Set aside.
5. With the remaining oil (add some more if necessary), saute' the rest of the crushed garlic.
6. When the garlic turns golden, stir-fry the asparagus.
7. Add in the carrots and continue stir-frying. (Make sure the stove is in medium to high heat.)
8. Add in the onions, bell pepper, beans, mushrooms and the broccoli. Stir well.
9. Stir-fry the vegetables together with the flavored pork.
10. Add hot water.
11. Season with fish sauce, oyster sauce and pepper.
12. Add in the bell pepper.
13. Cover the pan to let the dish simmer.
14. Immediately remove from the stove when it starts the vegetable's sauce begins to boil. At this point, cooking stir-fried mixed vegetables is done but the heat from the pan continues to cook our veggies. Leave the cover slightly open to prevent over-cooking.
15. Serve with hot rice.
|Cooking stir-fried mixed vegetables made fun and easy!|
Remember me when you start cooking stir-fried mixed vegetables in your homes. Note that you can also cook mushroom with spinach and other vegetables. They make excellent dish to any vegetable recipe.
About the Author: Beingwell loves simple home cooking recipes. She enjoys sharing her quick easy meals, including Filipino cooking recipes in this blog. Enjoy cooking like a pro!