Who doesn't like fried chicken? It's the ultimate meal and snack for kids and kids at heart. My first attempts of cooking fried chicken wasn't very successful. I've had a lot of misses but I kept trying. In time, cooking fried chicken became easier. I even learned how to cook fried chicken with a Vietnamese touch. In this post, I'd like share my simple home cooking recipe of cooking deep-fried chicken with garlic and pepper. It's a good treat for kids and adults, alike.
Ingredients in cooking deep-fried chicken:
- cooking oil
- chicken, any part
- garlic, crushed
- ground pepper
- breading (optional)
Let's start cooking fried chicken.
1. Marinate the chicken in salt, garlic and pepper. Let it rest for 10-20 minutes.
This recipe works well without any kind of breading. However, if you prefer to use breading in cooking deep-fried chicken, you may do so. In this case, roll the chicken over to your desired choice of breading, when ready to cook.
2. Put a deep pan under high heat.
3. Add cooking oil abundantly.
While we are cooking deep-fried chicken, you may still opt to save on oil. Make sure the oil covers at least the midway of each chicken you're cooking.
5. Put the chicken parts one by one in your pan. Avoid putting the chicken on top of each other.
6. Stick a fork in the chicken to allow oil to enter up to their bones.
7. When the chicken turns golden, you may opt to turn the chicken over to even the golden texture of the chicken. Some don't bother turning the chicken over while cooking deep-fried chicken. I however, find personal satisfaction in seeing a golden crisp in both sides of my fried poultry.
8. Drain the oil when cooked.
9. Serve with hot rice.
Enjoy cooking this dish at home. Remember me when you do!
About the Author: Beingwell loves simple home cooking recipes. She enjoys sharing her quick easy meals, including Filipino cooking recipes in this blog.