Bruschetta is traditionally an Italian dish, usually served as an appetizer. It's simply toasted bread with tomato toppings. Some put ham and pepperoni on their bruschetta. In this recipe, we'll try cooking bruschetta without any proteins.
I tried cooking bruschetta at home though we don't have an over in the kitchen. Cooking bruschetta is not so hard after all. In fact, cooking bruschetta is fairly easy when you've got tomatoes, breads and spices,
- Optional ingredients: bacon bits, ham, pepperoni and/or cheese
|Herbs and spices needed in cooking bruschetta|
2. Saute' the garlic.
3. When the garlic turns golden, briskly cook the tomatoes.
4. Without allowing the tomatoes to be fully cooked, season the tomatoes with basil, herbs and spices.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Remove the tomato mix from the pan.
7. Grease the thick slice of bread with butter or olive oil.
8. Top the bread with bruschetta mix.
9. Toast the bread.
10. Serve immediately while hot.
|Cooking brushetta in a Filipino kitchen|
You may also like my Guacamole recipe - for your chips, this time.
Remember me when you're cooking bruschetta at home. Enjoy!
About the Author: Beingwell loves simple home cooking recipes. She enjoys sharing her quick easy meals, including Filipino cooking recipes in this blog. Enjoy cooking like a pro!