- Ground pork
- Cooking oil
- Garlic, chopped
- Red onions, chopped
- Mushrooms, cut into pieces (You can use any kind of mushrooms in cooking yellow chives.)
- Egg tofu, cut (optional)
- Red bell pepper, cut into pieces
- Dried red pepper
- Tomatoes, cut into pieces
- Spring onions, diced
- Hot water
- Oyster sauce
- Fish sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
|Ingredients in cooking yellow chives|
Let's start cooking yellow chives:
1. Put the pan to high heat.
2. Pour in the cooking oil when the pan is ready.
3. Sauté the garlic and red onions.
4. Mix in the ground pork. Stir until the pork is cook.
5. When the pork is ready, mix in the mushroom.
6. Wait until the mushroom is cooked (about 2-3 minutes). Then mix the yellow chives and red bell pepper. If you have tofu, mix in the pan as well. Cover to allow the dish to simmer.
7. Add a bit of hot water to allow the flavors to blend with all the ingredients.
8. Add the dried red pepper; and season with fish sauce and oyster sauce; salt and pepper, as needed.
9. Finally, put in the tomatoes and spring onions.
10. Cover the pan. Remove from heat until the dish is ready to serve.
11. Best served with fried fish and steamy hot rice.
Seafood and weight loss go together after all. This healthy meal is not only good for the kids; but for the rest of the family, too.
I hope you enjoy cooking yellow chives in your homes. Remember me when you cook this recipe for your family.
About the Author: Beingwell loves simple home cooking recipes. She enjoys sharing her quick easy meals, including Filipino cooking recipes in this blog. Enjoy cooking like a pro!