Cooking pork liver steak needs only a few minutes of cooking time. When over-done, the pork liver ends up tough; sometimes with a rubber-y texture that takes away all the energy in eating them. Pork liver steak doesn't involve a lot of ingredients, too. When you have the staple spices in your kitchen, cooking pork liver steak would be a breeze.
Cooking pork liver steak is a healthy dish. It provides the nutrients of garlic, onions and pork liver. Pork liver, by the way, is a good source of protein, iron, vitamin A, B and C and other minerals such as calcium, phosphorus and zinc. It contains a bit of saturated fat, though. A hundred grams (which is already a lot) of pork liver approximately provides us with 130Calories. Eating pork liver occasionally and at a considerable portion is good for the body, especially if you are low in iron due to fatigue and stress.
Here's what you need in cooking pork liver steak:
-pork liver, cut
-lime or lemon
-red onions, chopped
-powdered black pepper
-salt and pepper to taste
-red onions, cut into rings
-spring onions, cut into small pieces (optional)
|Ingredients in cooking pork liver steak|
Let's start cooking pork liver steak:
1. Marinate the pork liver in dark soy sauce, lime and pepper 30-45 minutes ahead of time.
2. Heat the pan.
3. Pour in some cooking oil when the pan is ready.
4. Saute' the garlic and the chopped onions.
5. Put the stove to medium heat; and pour in the pork liver marinade including its sauce.
6. Let is cook for 2-3 minutes. You want your pork liver done rare to medium rare; and never over-done.
7. When necessary or when desired, add the hot water to create a bit of sauce.
8. Add salt and pepper to taste.
9. Put in the prepared onion rings and spring onions.
10. Serve with hot steamy rice.
|Cooking pork liver steak|
Enjoy this dish. Remember me when you're cooking pork liver steak at home! If you still have some pork liver left, try cooking pork menudo with it. Yumm!
About the Author: Beingwell loves simple home cooking recipes. She enjoys sharing her quick easy meals, including Filipino cooking recipes in this blog. Enjoy cooking like a pro!