I only got to cooking pork menudo when my aunt-in-law visited us in Thailand. She taught my how to cook pork menudo; and that's what I'll share with you today.
Ingredients needed in cooking pork menudo:
-Pork, cut into small cubes
-Pork liver, cut into small cubes
-Carrots and potatoes, cut into small cubes
-Green bell pepper
-Onions, cut into pieces
-Lemon and soy sauce
-Fish sauce and pepper
-Chilli powder (optional)
Cooking pork menudo:
1. Marinate the pork in soy sauce, pepper and only a springkle of lemon. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Don't put in too much acid into the marinade to maintain the nice flavor of the pork.
2. In a very hot pan with oil, fry the carrots and potatoes. Once cooked, drain its oil and set aside.
3. Saute garlic, onions and tomatoes with the used oil.
4. Mix the marinated pork into the pan once the garlic turn golden. While cooking pork menudo, this mixture will produced juice from the pork and tomatoes.
5. Turn the stove in low heat and let it simmer.
6. Add the pork liver and tomato sauce when the pork is cook and tender.
7. Let it boil for a few more minutes.
8. Add the pickle relish and raisins.
9. Season with fish sauce and pepper. If you like your pork menudo hot, add in some chili to spice up the dish.
10. Serve with hot rice.
Cooking pork menudo is easy when you have all the ingredients at hand so be sure to stack them up first before you start cooking.
About the Author: Beingwell loves simple home cooking recipes. She enjoys sharing her quick easy meals, including Filipino cooking recipes in this blog.
Enjoy cooking like a pro!